On Monday (20th September) the government announced that we may gather in groups of up to 100. Therefore the following new arrangements apply from tomorrow (Wednesday) at Cathedral Parish:
Mondays to Saturdays – normal weekday Mass and confession timetable applies. There is no need to register online for these Masses.
Sunday Masses – Because of the maximum of 100 people at any one Mass you will need to register for the Mass you wish to attend. Mass times are as follows:
Saturday 4.30pm, 5.30pm, 6.30pm
Sunday 7am, 8am, 9am, 10am, 11am and 4pm, 5pm
- Please register for the Saturday vigil and Sunday Mass you wish to attend –
- Registrations open Wednesdays at 5pm – and there is no cut-off time.
- Enter through the narthex (church main entrance). If you have limited mobility you may use the side ramp
- Scan the QR code if you have a smart phone, else fill in an attendance form
- Go to the help desk to be checked off on the registration list
- You are encouraged to wear a mask, but it is not compulsory
- Keep 2 metres from those outside your bubble
- No sign of peace; Communion on the hand only
- Leave via the side doors
- As you leave take a newsletter unless your newsletter is delivered electronically. If you are not on internet banking, place your Sunday offering in the basket at the door
These are challenging days, but it will be a blessing for us to gather together for Sunday Mass, even with these limitations. Please assist anyone you know who might be a little daunted by these arrangements. We will get through this together!
Sincerely in the Lord,
Father Simon Eccleton